I. READ THE ARTICLE, “7 EVIDENCE-BASED STUDY STRATEGIES (& HOW TO USE EACH) 1 ) Spaced Repetition
2 ) Active Recall
3 ) Desirable Difficulties
4 ) Elaboration
5 ) Interleaving
6 ) Concrete Examples
7) Dual Coding
Keep in mind that these strategies take time and effort to implement. You should work with them for at least two weeks. You have to practice them, just like anything you want to get better at.
II. Pick at least two of the study strategies listed above that are new to you, and try them. Look at the dates scheduled above for your discussion to see how much time you have to try the techniques.
In your original post, copy and paste the questions below. Write your response after each question and leave one line space between each question and its response. For each question, comment about your experience with the techniques. One or two word answers will receive zero credit. Be sure to address the following questions, and be careful NOT to repeat the article about how to implement the technique:
1) Was the technique easy or difficult to perform? Explain why.
2) Did you modify the technique to fit your learning style (if so, what was the modification and what were the results)?
3) Was the technique effective in helping you study? Explain why or why not.
4) Which was the better technique of the two you tried? Explain why.
5) Will you continue to practice the techniques? Explain why.
Evidence-Based Study Strategies