Select a conversation where you had a disagreement that had an impact on you and triggered a bioreaction. The conversation could have been a long time ago or recently.
A. Explain what happened during the disagreement by answering the following questions:
• Describe the situation that led to the conversation.
• When did you realize that there was a disagreement during the conversation?
• Describe a bioreaction(s) that was experienced during the disagreement.
• How did the conversation end?
B. Analyze the conversation by answering the following questions:
• Using the four levels of the conversation meter, what level were you listening at, and what level was the other person listening at?
• Give examples of two factors that describe how you and they were listening in at these levels in the conversation meter: feelings, behaviors, language, or tone.
• What were your points of alignment or disagreement?
C. Reflect on how the conversation encouraged you to listen differently by answering the following questions:
• How could you have listened differently moving up the conversation meter, and what effect would that have had on the disagreement?
• How could you incorporate listening for needs, purpose, or concern to create value in the conversation (including describing what that would look like)?
• What have you learned about accuracy and authenticity that could be used to improve the conversation?
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Where you had a disagreement that had an impact on you and triggered a bioreaction.